How can it be defined in simple terms?
A safety relay is an automation component which is part of a machine’s safety system, thus contributing to the safety of people around it.
It is essential for compliance with machine safety standards (EN ISO 13849-1 and IEC/EN 62061).
To execute which actions?
|The safety relay protects people. It controls a user’s action to ensure that this does not lead to anything that may damage his health, either voluntarily or accidentally.|
|When a machine may be dangerous for the user, it is necessary to monitor all hazardous operations, and detect the slightest anomaly.|
|It is then necessary to actuate safety contacts to stop cutting, rotating, burning items, etc which could be hazardous for the user.|
A relevelling range and a machine safety range
- A range covering machine applications: emergency stop and mobile guard monitoring, emergency stop with timed contact, two-hand control, zero speed monitoring, expansion module and power supply accessory.
- A safety component with one or two channels.
- Prohibition of machine starting if a problem becomes apparent through self-checking of the integrity of the control devices.
- A range conforming to:
– Performance Level (PL) e and category 4 according to EN ISO 13849-1
– Limit value SIL 3 (SIL CL) according to IEC/EN 62061